Ashwagandha is one of the most important herbs in Indian medicine ‘Ayurveda). And now its highly beneficial features have made it famous worldwide. It is used all over the world to treat a variety of lifestyle-related health issues. Ashwagandha is an erect subshrub native to India and Southeast Asia. Extracts or powder from the plant’s root or leaves are available in powdered form, as tablets and capsules, for treating various health conditions, including infertility.
“Ashwagandha” has come from Sanskrit meaning “smell of the horse,” which refers to both the herb’s fragrance and its potential ability to increase strength like horse power. Modern science calls it as Withania somnifera, whereas in English it has several other names, including “Indian ginseng” and “winter cherry.”
This non-toxic herb helps humans in many ways like it is anti-inflammatory,it helps in managing stress, sleep apnoea and famously it helps both men and women suffering with infertility issues. There are sample studies published in Forbes says,14% of the male patients’ partners became pregnant with effective Ashwagandha consumption.
Science-backed benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is beneficial to both man and woman. In this article we shall discuss how this magical herb can benefit men's health.
1. May help stress and anxiety: Ashwagandha is best known for its stress-relieving properties. It is categorised as an adaptogen, a drug that helps the body cope with stress. The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, a bodily mechanism that controls the stress response, is less active when Ashwagandha is consumed.
Several studies published on sites of Healthline and Forbes have shown that Ashwagandha supplements may help relieve stress and anxiety.
2. Beneficial for athletic performance as a power booster: As the name suggests, Ashwagandha empowers you with horsepower. Ashwagandha enhances oxygen consumption (VO2) in healthy adults and athletes.
In one study, male participants who took 600 mg of Ashwagandha per day and participated in resistance training for 8 weeks had significantly greater gains in muscle strength and size compared with a placebo group (Soure: Healthline).
Hence Ashwagandha may help you boost performance.
3. May enhance testosterone and increase fertility in men:
Some studies have shown that Ashwagandha supplements improve male fertility and increase testosterone levels.
In one study, 43 overweight men aged 40 to 70 with mild fatigue took Ashwagandha extract or a placebo tablet daily for 8 weeks. Participants who used the herb had a 14.7% higher increase in testosterone than those who took a placebo.
Furthermore, four more studies discovered that Ashwagandha treatment significantly increased sperm concentration, volume, and motility in men with low sperm count.
In men with normal sperm counts, it also increased sperm concentration and motility.
4. May reduce blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha may have some benefits for people with diabetes or high blood sugar levels.
It’s believed that certain compounds within Ashwagandha have powerful anti-diabetic activity and may help stimulate your cells to take in glucose from your bloodstream.
5. May reduce inflammation: The compounds in Ashwagandha like withaferin A.
6. May improve brain function, including memory: Taking Ashwagandha may benefit cognitive function.
Cognitive functions it may benefit included:
Response and reaction time
Performance on cognitive tasks
7. May help improve sleep: Many people take Ashwagandha to promote restful sleep. Taking Ashwagandha helped people feel anxious and more alert when they woke up.
The results were more pronounced in people with insomnia and those who took more than 600 mg daily for 8 weeks or longer, according to the researchers.
Ashwagandha is an ancient solution to multiple possible health issues. Study findings suggest that it helps with anxiety and stress management, supports restful sleep, and even improves cognitive functioning. Ashwagandha is considered relatively safe for most people. Lifezen Healthcare has come up with a 100% herbal and safe-to-use product named Muslizen, specially made for men. It contains herbs like Ashwagandha and eight more Indian herbs for boosting power and stamina in men. Muslizen also helps with infertility issues by promoting the testosterone hormone in men. It contains no artificial elements, no heavy metals, and is a purely vegetarian capsule.