Stretch marks are narrow streaks, long; stripes that develop on the skin that usually occur due to the sudden stretching of the muscles. Anyone can get affected by the stretch marks but the women are prone as compared to men. They can occur on the various parts of body parts, including the thighs, stomach, hips, upper and lower back and breasts.
This type of scarring commonly happens when the skin is unable to resume normal form after a period of pregnancy, intense growth, weight gain, weight loss, or puberty. Most commonly women experience stretch marks during pregnancy.
Quick fact about Stretch Marks:
- Stretch mark is long, narrow stripes which occur due to the sudden and quick stretching of the skin.
- Pregnancy, puberty, and rapid weight gain all are the stretch marks causes.
- By the time Stretch marks automatically get faded no treatment is required and it does not cause any serious long-term health risks.
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are also known as striae, striae distensae (SD), striae atrophicans, and striae gravidarum in medical terminology. Stretch marks do not cause any physically dangerous but cause problems with self-image which further leads to anxiety. In some cases stretch marks are a significant cosmetic concern as they affect day-to-day lifestyle.
The most common areas which are affected include:-
Signs and Symptoms:
In the initial stage when stretch marks begin to emerge, the skin start appears thin and pink. It also causes irritation or itching over that area.
Initially, these marks develop as wrinkly, raised streaks that can be purple, red, pink, reddish-brown or dark brown, depending on your skin colour. The streaks in time flatten and change to a silvery colour over time.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
The most common causes of stretch marks are pregnancy. Extreme skin growth or shrinkage may also lead to stretch marks.
Common causes of skin stretching are enlisted below:-
- Pregnancy: Almost 90% of women who are in pregnancy state experience stretch marks after or during birth.
- Puberty: Rapid growths in young people who are going through puberty are prone to stretch marks.
- Rapid weight gain: Putting on weight in a short span of time is also a major stretch mark cause.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as Marfan syndrome and Cushing's syndrome. Cause the stretch marks as this leads to decreased elasticity in the skin tissue produce too excessive amount of hormone which leads to rapid skin fragility and weight gain.
Remedies to remove Stretch Marks:
Treatment for stretch marks is quite costly and is not always effective, as these are seen as a cosmetic complaint. Creams, lotions, gels and cosmetic surgery are some effective treatments for stretch marks.
Stretch marks often get faded over time and become unnoticeable. In the case of the women who develop stretch marks during pregnancy, they usually become less noticeable around 6 to 12 months after giving birth. Makeup is also considered as the best to conceal stretch marks on more exposed areas of the body.
Creams, Oils, and Topical preparations
Applying Lotions, creams, or oils over the affected area skin can help to reduce the stretch marks.
Aloe vera is the clinically proven formula to cure the stretch mark cure. Pure aloe vera ideal home remedy for stretch mark as it is a natural healing agent and a skin softener. You just have to apply pure aloe vera over the affected area daily after your shower.
Coconut oil is well known for its healing properties, as heal the wound the skin damage within the short time span. Stretch marks are also caused due to skin damage so coconut oil can be effectively used over the affected area.
You can apply the virgin coconut oil to your stretch marks every day and it will take away the red appearance. If you are allergic please do not uses as it may cause some skin allergic reaction.
Very well said that prevention is better than cure so, the below mentioned some step through which you can reduce the risk.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting.
- Have a meal rich in vitamin and minerals, as this help support the skin.
- Having six to eight glasses of water daily.
Stretch marks are very common and often a temporary problem. Stretch marks do not lead to any high health risk and the treatment is done just to enhance the self-image. You can prevent these just by adding up the above-mentioned step in your daily life. Also, the best method to remove or prevent these marks is to keep your skin hydrated.
After knowing much about the stretch marks, causes and prevention, here is the very effective online product for the treatment of stretch mark. Inostretch - A revolutionary stretch-mark cream developed in France with clinically back claims to effectively treat those stubborn stretch-marks. It's patented formula of plant extracts and 2 matrikines will give you up to 72% reduction in your stretch mark depth within just 8 weeks.
To add beauty to your life, please visit https://www.lifezen.in/products/inostretch