“Men and women approach sex very differently. Men make love to feel loved. Women need to feel loved to make love.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
Sex drive otherwise called as ‘Libido’ is the interest in sex activity. Every human does have it, however it varies a lot from person to person. A bonding in a relationship also depends on how healthy is the sexual life between the couple. There is no right or wrong level of libido to justify. It is very much subjective. The decrease in libido (Low Libido) is never a major issue, its normal and can happen commonly to someone. There are different clinical and non-clinical reasons of low libido. Even mental stress, low esteem and an unhealthy relationship gives rise to low libido. Though lowered libido is not a disease, it needs attention and treatment. Occasional lowered libido is normal but if it continues for longer time it needs to be addressed rightly.
What causes the Sex drive to go low?
As said above, due to certain clinical reasons like side effects of medications can be the cause of lowered libido. However, there are many other possible reason for a lowered libido;
• Performance Inefficacy: Premature Ejaculation or a bad sex experience can affect the sex drive.
• Fatigue: Weak feeling or energy drained out doesn’t make one to go for sex or to perform well or to last long.
• Lack of time and privacy: Busy routine, work and home life, lack of privacy may not have enough time for intimacy and sex.
• Familiarity/Boredom: Couple’s desire for sex goes down over the time. They loose curiosity and interest in each other.
• Sexual Incompatibility: Sexual desire can be impacted if a partner constantly wants more sex than the other partner or wants a type of sexual activity that their partner is not comfortable with.
• Turn-offs: Sexual turn-offs generally happen when the relationship is based on physical appearance. Your partner’s interest in you may get impacted if there are changes in your physical appearance, such as excessive weight gain, abnormal hair growth or lack of hygiene.
• Depression & Stress: Depression is one of the major reason of lowered libido. Mental health conditions can cause tiredness, lack of motivation, feeling low and withdrawing from activities, romance and sex. Researchers have found stress hormones can lessen sexual desire and response which is becoming common in current time.
• Hormone Changes: With increasing age the testosterone levels slowly goes down, which some researchers think is linked to a lessened libido. Testosterone is one of the important sex hormone which is produced in the testicles.
Testosterone is responsible for sperm production, formation and strengthening of muscles and bone mass. Your testosterone level is a factor in sex drive. Testosterone is found both in men and women however in women its in very less quantity whereas in men it is major.
When testosterone levels are low, your desire for sex also decreases. Consult a doctor if the testosterone level is low. You may be able to take supplements to increase your testosterone levels.
Why does a man need stamina?
Often it is said that man need to have power, stamina and vigor to perform well in bed. There are a number of articles advising how to have the endurance to have a healthy and long lasting sex life. There are herbal and clinically tested products for boosting stamina and power. Good stamina helps to play without getting tired, your energy lasts longer.
Men gets orgasm and releases major energy of the body. Subsequently, the interest goes off. Studies say, a man ejaculates with in 3-5 minutes whereas the woman require more to ejaculate. In the process the male genital gets exhausted soon. To keep the intimacy last longer until both the partners are satisfied men need to have stamina and vitality.
In our blog you will find articles on boosting stamina and vitality naturally. Good food, exercise, masturbation and a good relationship are the important factors to have a good libido.
Side effects of low libido at physical and emotional level
A lowered sex drive (low libido) can be very unsettling for men. Low libido can lead to a vicious cycle of physical and emotional side effects, including ED (Erectile Dysfunction).
Erectile Dysfunction may cause a man to experience anxiety around sex. This can lead to tension and conflicts between partners, which may in turn lead to fewer sexual encounters and more relationship issues. Failure to perform due to ED can trigger feelings of depression, self-esteem issues, and poor body image. It affects the overall personality of man.
Nature has keep everything for us in her lap. There are herbs which promotes testosterone in the body. Herbs like Moringa, Amla, Safed Musli, Ashwagandha, Nutmeg, Kokilaksha are very essential and helpful herbs to stimulate sexual desires, to improve stamina, to level-up energy, to correct erectile dysfunction, also enhances hardness of an erection. Go with nature to enjoy naturally without any side effects.